|Also known as?||SS (not to be confused with thesaradomin sword), Ghostly Sword|
|Release date||1 February|
|Quest item?||Yes - Shadow Sword miniquest|
|High Alchemy||0 coins|
|Low Alchemy||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can get another one by visiting the cave near theFishing guild. A friendly ghost will replace it for you. You must be wearing a Ring of visibility, or you cannot get it back.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A shadow sword.|
[view] •[talk] The Shadow sword is a two-handed sword obtained as a reward from the Shadow Sword miniquest, which was released on 12 February 2007. The sword matches the Ghostly Robes set and is translucent. As it is a two-handed sword, it causes capes to become animated.
Like most two-handed swords, this sword is slower than most one-handed weapons. Its stats are the same as aBlack two-handed sword. However, it provides bonuses for Magic Attack and Magic Defence, which makes it a useful weapon for combining melee and magic.
If you happen to lose it, return to the room in the cave where you fought Bouncer. There will be a new, friendly ghost that is willing to give you back your lost sword. Remember your Ghostspeak Amulet otherwise you won't be able to talk to the ghost.
Hover over image for type
player wielding a Shadow sword and wearing the Ghostly Robes
| Attack bonus |
| Defence bonus |
|||Name||Combat style||Type||Melee experience|
- The Shadow Sword has the most attack sounds of any weapon.
- At first glance, the Shadow sword may look similar to the Saradomin Sword, but the hilt is a different shape.
- If you look closely, it somewhat resembles the sword used by The Nazgul from the Lord of the Rings film.
- If you look closely, it slightly resembles Silverlight, before the HD update.
- When going in a spa pool wielding the shadow sword, you hold it in one hand.